CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

How do I get there...


I did start by this drawing to make the final painting "The Barn"....


You might notice...if you look closely, it was made with a pen, I do that most of the time on a first sketch...I don't erase, most of the time I don't even keep an eraser at hand, I just keep drawing no matter what....When the basic lines where on the paper to my liking, I just used crayons and fine felt pens to get some colours going, only then I see if I would like to paint the subject and think about what I would like to change about it, this is really where it start to "imprint" my mind. From there I'm building to the final results working my brain between the original subject and the different drawings made from it. Drawing it over and over makes it easier, for this one on the watercolour paper I only draw the horizon line and the outlines of the barn itself. Then I started painting the cloudy sky, the barn in second, the fields, the trees, the foreground last.






3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

You might really enjoy watercolor pencils and crayons. Have you used them before? I will sketch in them and then with just water I can create a wash. With a wet q-tip I can smear an area. it is a great way to do quick sketches without having my entire paint box with me.

And areas you don't wet look like pencil or crayon.

How goes it?

DianeOart said...

I know about the watercolour pencils, not the crayons...not a big fan of the first. If I only have a regular sketch book, I usualy use a pen because the lines will stay clear instead of a pencil...while I'm making sketches on watercolour paper I always use drawing pencils, mostly because I might not stick to the original colours so using watercolour pencils is out of the question...Since I'm never drawing the full outlines only horizon and main subject countour, I'm using the previous sketches and work free hand, I'm so used to fine brushes it easier for me to control movement in details.

Thank you...Just been busy, working on few sketches and started a new painting. How are you doing?

Gone Fishing said...

What a gorgeous page, and I love these works!!! I will be back to browse if that's ok and happy to have found you on here. Hugs!